Monday, May 08, 2006

Settling in ...with thanks

We have received postings on the website, emails, and phone calls sending condolances on Rose's passing including Jeff's post. Thanks to each of you. We were proud of her even though she got loopy in her final years; scratching the door jam at Frens' when we put her in a room alone, then barking and barking this winter when we left her outside so that a neighbor moved her because she thought she was getting too much sun. But by and large, as one writer put it "...she was the dog everyone aspires to have." And as another said, "and so well travelled." How sweet.

Turned the truck in at 10:00 over in Wilsonville having travelled the road I mentioned in an earlier post. It is that nice, too. No problems...just a lot of money invested in fuel. I think I am ready to do deliveries in a 26 footer (as long as it runs like my Penske.)

Aleene unpacked all day, I mowed, unpacked, ran to the Planner's and, oh yes, napped in our guest room. It sleeps very well. Amy and the boys will be here for supper (Bren is in Idaho for two days.) But there are boxes and boxes to go.

Wes reports that stuff is selling that we left behind. I think the refrigerator is the only thing left...just hope the condo goes soon.

Again, thanks to all for your kind thoughts. Aleene and I are ok today.

No comments: