Sunday, April 05, 2009

Aleene circa 1959


Aleene and horse II
Originally uploaded by luacreskid.

I shared some old family photos today with the men's group at church. Each month somebody gets up and tells about their childhood. I did a power-point. The pictures that got the most comment were of Aleene riding. This is one, and another was one of her standing on the back of her horse. By the time she got to church she was getting comments about her horsemanship skills, which, I must add, she did not like. I doubt if she likes me blogging about this one, too. But I shall. I just want people who have only gotten to know us in the past few years to realize she is not the little demure girl they think she is.

It was all in good fun, and I indulged my buddies to let me show some of the old-time black and whites we have laying around.

No comments: