Thursday, July 05, 2007

Back in Oregon

A quick note...I did get back in fine time Tuesday/Wednesday. Good flights back into Portland at 11:20 p. (Pacific Time) in time to link up with my friend Ed who was flying back from St. Louis after doing his 50th HS reunion alone. He rode back from PDX with me. By the time we got back to Newberg it was almost one o'clock and by the time I got to bed it was one-thirty...read that 4:30 a. body time. Up at seven and ready to go rafting on the Santium River with our church friends.

We launched four rafts at noon and floated for two and a half hours of through wilderness stopping briefly to eat lunch. Not as wild as the Rogue, nor as challenging if you are a rafter, but it gave Aleene a chance to see what I had experienced for three days last fall. It was fun, fun, fun. We are in the dry season here for sure with 80 degrees plus, unlimited sun and no rain in sight. Last year it lasted two months.

Back home and over to Amy's for picnic by 5:30, back here at seven and I crashed until 9:30 when the fireworks started. I stayed up to see our neighbor's display until 10:30 then with the fan on we went to bed. It was lights out for me.

Good day, good fun, too much to eat and much to be thankful for. We expect Jan and Gary in Saturday afternoon...they are well on their way through California, when the fun begins again.

No comments: