Thursday, June 08, 2006

Helping out

Tru and I went fishing Wednesday morning. We drove out to Champoeg (Sham POO ee) State Park and went down to the pier that is along the Willamette River. The river reminds me of the headwaters in MD of the Patomic where I learned to water ski when I spent the summers (60 & 61) with Joe and Shirley. The river is about that wide there and about as clean (not.) There are skiers on the river, but I would not want to fall off the skis.

No fish this time, but we enjoyed casting in the backwater behind the pier. Tru is quite the caster...sad for him that we did not catch a fish. Maybe next time.

Bren is in Kentucky this week for a conference of college admissions people...Wilmore, Ky to be exact at Asbury College/Seminary. Amy has the kids alone all week, so we (mostly Aleene) have been helping out. Amy teaches a class on Wednesday, so Aleene walked over about three and then she and the kids came over here for supper and they walked back about 6:30 to get Asher ready for bed. I went to choir and then went over to help baby sit until Amy came home. It is just like old times, sitting on the couch with the kids asleep and making out with the baby sitter...oops, better not get caught.

They were all over here this morning with Frodo too...but I was on the phone, faxing things and entertaining the appriaser...we are getting ready to buy the place so we can go forward with the builing project.

Tonight Aleene and I walked down town, ate at Cancun (Fajitas for two for $10.95), walked to Chapters for coffee and then strolled over to Amy's to see the boys before bed. Tru and I had time for a game of checkers...then, we walked home.

Retired life in Newberg is just great.

No comments: