Monday, April 11, 2005

Back in the saddle

Here it is Monday and the phone has been ringing and the emails humming...it is work for me...ah yes. I started an HR blog last Friday and have been working on it ever since. Brendon gave me a few ideas and a nudge while in Newberg so at http://hrleaders.blogspot.com you can follow it. The idea is to create a forum for those interested in HR topics. It is like writing an interactive newsletter...you throw something out, share a few links and then wait for people to comment and refine what you wrote.

It is exciting to get going with this because it fulfills a need to write and fix positions in my mind as to what is important in the area of HR. I get to be the sage and not have to take any of the guff.

I was told today that one of the HR staff at HH was let go last week. Argh...not a shock, but so sad. There is much that can be said about that situation, but certainly not blogged about. One has to wonder if there is a hit list there that is being worked through. I have a couple of others who have indicated that they think they are in the cross hairs. While I agree that the hospital is over staffed administratively, there has to be a better way of taking care of that than by walking people out the door. Enough, I guess.

Rose is better...she had a slight fever and is being treated for a bladder infection...too much stress in the MH. She still sleeps a lot, but I think that is age. She has seven more days on meds.

Aleene is better. She has about four more days on meds.

I still have a low grade cold that is bugging me because it has been with me for two weeks.

That's about it...I have lots to keep me busy in the next few days including getting caught up on the Panama Canal transit with Wes and Marilyn.

No comments: