Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Swine flu shots today


I prevailed upon Aleene to go with me to the grocery store to get our H1N1 shot today. Did we wait in line? No. What happened to the passion over Swine Flu. It came and went, I guess, but they are talking about it coming back again for a "second flush." I was somewhat concerned about flying on airplanes with coughing people, not to mention the little kids that cough on us when we volunteer in the local reading program. So we got our shots.

I am not sure, but I think this is the 47 flu shot I have received in my life time. I got the first during the summer of 1963 when I was in the Navy and had one every year since. There were two this year.

I really think I am immune to this stuff, but thanks to Medicare, we got the $15 shot for free. I will tell you how it all works out.

No comments: