Monday, December 29, 2008

On the road

I got to experience Newark Airport at its best Sunday, you know the one that leads the nation in delays. I was supposed catch the 8:00 p.m. flight and be in Richmond by nine-thirty. Well, it is 11:00 as I write this and we are less than halfway to our sixty minute destination (that is the flight time…you get it I am sure.) Oh well, this is not a pleasure trip for me. But I feel badly that Robert and Cindi have to be inconvienced to pick me up at the airport so late. I guess that is what they signed up for.
It has been a clear but bumpy ride down the coast tonight. The megalopolis is surely in sight after leaving New York, well New Jersey but you do climb out over the Statue of Liberty.
The flight from Portland to Newark was uneventful. The gate for the Continental Express regional jets is a cattle yard similar to the one for Comair in Cincinnati…only not quite as nice. Crowded. You can’t convince me that America isn’t flying so much this holiday. They were going all over the place.
I did get to see some football scores…as the playoff picture is finalized…didn’t get to watch any games, however. Again, that was not a mission of this trip.
More later….

The good news is, I got in late, but Cindi and Rob were waiting...all going as planned.

No comments: