Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Latest Book

Four years ago I published "Dare to Lead." It was a lot of fun and I got a chance to meet a lot of people as I worked to market the effort. Just to hold myself accountable to others, I am announcing that I am working on another book.

My plan is to go back 50 years to 1958 and tell both the stories of the time and the stories that I experienced as a 16 year old. That's where it will start. It will go through 1968 covering 10 years. Sixty-eight was big...MLK, RFK, riots, Vietnam, our moving to Chicago...Amy was born and on it goes. So you see, packing ten years of history both national and personal is going to be a challenge.

With the Internet the research will be possible. What will be the challenge is my ability to remember what was going on in my life that was worthy of mention to potential readers. I can think of the lessons I learned within the context of the farm and in life. at Penn State and the Navy, with Aleene and at work. It will be work...not just the research, but the challenge of making it interesting and fun. Stay tuned.

No comments: