Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Over-hype or Under-hype?

I have talked about how the local TV channels over state the weather severity here...or so it seems. Yesterday, they may have been right on target. Take a look at this. Most of the coast saw gusts to 120 mph, a very angry Pacific, and flooding.

Aleene and I walked this morning and got wet. It is still showering, but the constant rain is gone. We got 1 1/4 inches in the last 24 hours. I dumped the rain guage yesterday with 4 1/2 inches in it. We got it light. The real problem here is flooding roads and neighborhoods. I have class tonight...the final one with oral presentations due...I already have had phone calls from students alerting me to their plight. They come from Salem to the south to up along the Columbia River...I am not sure what I am supposed to do about all this. I could just refer them to the Governor's office...we are under a state of emergency, so he says.

No comments: