Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mr. Asher


Mr. Asher
Originally uploaded by luacreskid.
Amy says Asher thinks Pappy is a rock star. I have to admit it is nice to be the top dog in a little boy's awareness. What you can't see in this picture is how he reacts to my silly faces to get him to laugh. Each time I pull the camera up to shoot, he goes sober.

I put him to sleep last Friday. I had forgotten the feeling of having a little person in your arms and go gentle off to see the Sandman. Never a cry, or a battle....he loves to be sung to... Little Birdie, Go Tell Aunt Betsy, A Little Bird Sat in a Cherry Tree, The Owl and the Pussy Cat. These are the songs that when my mother sang them to me I would put my hand on her mouth and say, don't sing. If Asher did that to me, I would be crushed. He is much more considerate than I was.

No comments: